Monday, September 27, 2010

Wannabe Crafter Strikes Again!


Every so often I get this crazy idea that I can be crafty. I have countless abandoned projects that for one reason or another I have yet to finish. I have at least two baby sewing projects, one dress, a few cross-stitch, and one knitting project that are just waiting for me to pick up and start again on. Honestly, I will probably never get back to those projects. But for some reason, I get inspired and think, "Hey, I can do that!"
My latest inspiration came from my mother-in-law. She hand knitted the most adorable sweater and hat set for Graham. At first, I resisted the urge to want to pick up and attempt knitting again, then she did it. She invited me to a fancy knit/yarn shop and it hit me. The crafting craze! I just couldn't resist it any longer! I bought yet another how to knit book and some yarn.
This book is a bit different though. It teaches you how to knit through a series of projects. So as you work your way from one project to the next you pick up more skills. Oh, and did I mention that all the projects are baby related! So here I am about 3 weeks after purchasing the book and yarn and I have actually completed my first project! It is a baby scarf. There are a few mistakes but overall I think it is pretty cute! I am on to the next project that is a bit bigger so who knows when it will get finished but, I feel a bit more confident after actually completing my first project!
Completed project!

Modeling his new scarf!

A bit blurry, but the cutest smile ever!

No comments: