Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A little about us!

I created this blog at least a year ago and have not yet started to actually blog anything. With the birth of our first baby and extended maternity leave I decided now is the time to start recording and writing everything down. I think I have the blog layout good enough for now (after spending at least two nap times today searching through other people's blogs for ideas). With the layout complete all that was left to do was to start typing, so here goes.

Stuart and I first met on July 4, 2006. Talk about some fire works :) My cousin was hosting a 4th of July BBQ and Stuart just happened to be one of 3 non-family members attending. We chatted through out the night and before leaving we exchanged emails so that I could "get the pictures from his camera". Being the impatient and slightly stalker-ish person that I am I found his cell phone number on Facebook and texted him before any emails were sent (BTW- who posts their cell number on Facebook?) He visited me at a retail store that I was working at part time and asked for the first date. We have been inseparable ever since.

One night in October of 2006 I came home to Stuart meeting me at the door dressed in his pj's. He gave me a huge hug and I noticed he was wearing cologne. I asked " Why are you wearing cologne in your pj's?" He smiled really big and asked " Will you marry me?" Of course I said yes and a year later on November 24, 2007 we were married. December 22, 2007 we moved into the our first and current house together. Since being married we have experienced many highs (Stuart's graduation, finding/renewing our faith,and of course the birth of our son) and lows (loss of my first pregnancy, loss of family members, and difficult financial times) through all of which we have managed to keep our communication open and healthy. We make the choice everyday to stay committed to each other and we strive to put the other person first. Honestly though, I think he does a little better job at it than I do.

No comments: